Barn weddings are all the rage these days, and there’s a good reason for that. The rustic nature of barns lends itself well to an outdoor ceremony and celebration. If you’re planning your wedding as such, it can be tough to pick colors! But don’t worry–we’ve got some ideas on how to make your day special.
Picking wedding colors for a barn wedding is an exciting and different undertaking than the typical white dress, red roses, and dainty shoes. Barn weddings are about celebrating country living, beautiful landscapes, and rustic charm. The bride should use her favorite colors to create a palette that reflects these things- think vibrant oranges mixed with soft greens or blues. Coppers and golds can also make a great accent color for your bouquet to tie together all of your favorite elements from your big day!
How to start Picking Colors for a Barn Wedding
Pick out some key colors from what surrounds you at the venue: wood tones, hay bales, dirt paths… whatever is most prominent in the space will work best! For instance, consider the colors of the barn, like red (our rustic barn) or white and gray (our bigger barn), then use those two colors as accents throughout your day like in tablecloths or napkins.
If those aren’t your color preference, here are some more things to consider:
- The season when selecting colors for your wedding
- Select colors that are in harmony with each other
- Use complementary colors to create a dramatic look
- Create color palettes using primary, secondary, and tertiary colors
- Consult other people’s weddings for inspiration
- Keep in mind how much time will be spent outside versus inside when choosing your color scheme – bright colors might not work well outdoors on a cloudy day!
Ready to Book your Perfect Barn Wedding?
Country Barn Estates would love to host you and your guests for the wedding of your dreams. Contact us today and begin your new life together.